lay eggs; of female animals
- "This hen doesn't lay"
- värpa [ fåglar ]
- [ fåglar, fiskar ]
put in a horizontal position
- "lay the books on the table"
- "lay the patient carefully onto the bed"
impose as a duty, burden, or punishment
- "lay a reponsibility on someone"
To have sexual intercourse with someone, especially in a casual manner.
- ligga med
To be in a horizontal position; to be placed or situated
- "Objections lie against..."
- "The water was lying ten feet"
- "The books are lying on the shelf"
- "The sick man lay in bed all day"
- "The fate of Bosnia lies in the hands of the West"
- "Lie down on the bed until you feel better"