the last or lowest in an ordering or series
- "he finished an inglorious last"
- "he was the last to leave"
- "I had to miss the last of the movie"
- "a struggle to the last"
a device shaped like a human foot that is used to fashion or repair shoes
- skoläst [ skor ]
gammalt svenskt rymdmått och viktmått
- läst [ skor ]
be long; in time
- "Summer didn't last long this year."
coming after all others in time or space or degree or being the only one remaining lowest in rank or importance
- "he raised his voice in a last supreme call"
- "a last resort"
- "the arbiter will have the last say"
- "the last thing in swimwear"
- "in last place"
- "last prize"
- "the last time I saw Paris"
- "the last day of the month"
- "had the last word"
- "waited until the last minute"
- "down to his last nickel"
- "the last game of the season"
- "the last days of the dinosaurs"
highest in extent or degree
- "whether they were accomplices in the last degree or a lesser one was to be determined individually"
- "to the last measure of human endurance"