- [ ålderdomlig ]
the financial means whereby one lives
- "each child was expected to pay for their keep"
keep in a certain state, position, or activity; e.g., "keep clean"
- "She always held herself as a lady"
- "Keep the commandments"
- "Keep smiling"
- "Keep on working!" "We continued to work into the night"
- "keep time, keep count, keep track of"
- "ha klart för sig"
retain possession of
look after; be the keeper of; have charge of
- "He keeps the bees on the estate"
maintain by writing regular records
- "keep notes"
- "keep a diary"
maintain or support
- "He is keeping three women in the guest cottage"
fail to spoil or rot
- "These potatoes keep for a long time"
maintain in safety form injury, harm, or danger
- "May God keep you"