- "The events left a permanent impression in his mind"
- "He left the impression of his fingers in the soft mud"
a vague idea in which some confidence is placed
- "his impression of her was favorable"
an outward appearance
- "I wanted to create an impression of success"
- "he made a good impression"
all the copies of a work printed at one time
(dentistry) an imprint of the teeth and gums in wax or plaster
- "the dentist made an impression for use in preparing an inlay"
an impressionistic portrayal of a person
- "he did a funny impression of a politician"