a conspicuous success
- "that song was his first hit and marked the beginning of his career"
a dose of a narcotic drug
- sil [ vardagligt ]
A murder carried out by an underworld syndicate
- "it has all the earmarks of a Mafia hit"
- tillslag [ sport ]
- "The thermometer hit 100 degrees"
- "I have to hit the MAC machine before the weekend starts"
- "We hit Detroit by noon"
cause to move by striking
- "hit a ball"
hit against; come into sudden contact with
- "The car hit a tree"
- "The arrow hit the target"
affect suddenly, usually adversely
- "We were hit by really bad weather"
deal a blow to, either with the hand or with an instrument
- "He hit her hard in the face"
cause to experience suddenly
- "A thought came to me"
- "An interesting idea hit her"
- "Panic struck me"
hit the target or goal, as intended
consume to excess
- "hit the bottle"