- "they ran forward into the heart of the struggle"
- "the child won everyone's heart"
the locus of feelings and intuitions
- "in your heart you know it is true"
- [ bildligt, ålderdomlig ]
the hollow muscular organ whose rhythmic contractions pump blood through the body
- "he stood still, his heart thumping wildly"
- hjärta [ anatomi, organ, blodomlopp ]
the courage to carry on: "he kept fighting on pure spunk"
- "you haven't got the heart for baseball"
an inclination or tendency of a certain kind
- "he had a change of heart"
a plane figure with rounded sides curving inward at the top and intersecting at the bottom; conventionally used on playing cards and valentines
- "he drew a heart and called it a valentine"
a firm rather dry variety meat (usually beef or veal)
- "a five-pound beef heart will serve six"
a playing card in the major suit of hearts
- "he led the queen of hearts"