- [ ALLMÄNT ]
- "A hard climb"
- "Why is it so hard for you to keep a secret?"
- "A hard bargainer"
- [ vardagligt ]
very strong or vigorous
- "strong winds"
- "a hard left to the chin"
- "hard dry rolls left over from the day before"
- uttorkad [ biologi ]
with effort or force or vigor
- "slammed the door hard"
- "hit the ball hard"
- "pressed hard on the lever"
- "worked hard all day"
- "the team played hard"
- "held hard to the railing"
earnestly or intently
- "stared hard at the accused"
- "thought hard about it"
causing great damage or hardship
- "industries hit hard by the depression"
slowly and with difficulty
- "prejudices die hard"
into a solid condition
- "concrete that sets hard within a few hours"
very near or close in space or time
- "a strike followed hard upon the plant's opening"
- "they were hard on his heels"
- "it stands hard by the railroad tracks"
with pain or distress or bitterness
- "he took the rejection very hard"
to the full extent possible; all the way
- "swung the wheel hard left"
- "the ship went hard astern"
- "hard alee"