Ett däggdjur som är släkt med får och som härstammar från den asiatiska vildgeten.
- [ däggdjur, zoologi, handdjur ]
come into the possession of something concrete or abstract
- "She got a lot of paintings from her uncle"
- "Get your results the next day"
- "Get permission to take a few days off from work"
- "get home early"
- "the time has come"
- "get in free"
- "get started"
- "get out of time"
- "get over the shock"
- "get together"
- "She didn't get to Chicago until after midnight"
- "get a move on"
- "get into bad company"
- "get through"
- "get home"
- "get lost"
- "get the gist of sth."
- "getdown to the nitty-gritty"
- "get down to work"
succeed in catching or seizing, , esp. after a chase
- "We finally got the suspect"
- [ jakt ]
reach by calculation
- "What do you get when you add up these numbers?"
acquire as a result of some effort or action
- "You cannot get water out of a stone"
- "Where did she get these news?"
receive as a retribution or punishment
- "He got 5 years in prison"
- [ handel ]
reach and board
- "She got the bus just as it was leaving"
- "Her childish behavior really get to me"
- "His lying really gets me"
overcome or destroy
- "The ice storm got my hibiscus"
- "the cat got the goldfish"
communicate with a place or person; establish communication with, as if by telephone: "Bill called this number and he got Mary"
- "The operator couldn't get Kobe because of the earthquake"
cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition: "He got his squad on the ball"
- "He got a girl into trouble"
- "What did you get at the toy store?"
evoke an emotional response
- "Brahms's 'Requiem' gets me every time"