change to ice
- "The water in the bowl froze"
stop moving or become immobilized
- "When he saw the police car he froze"
- "I could freeze to death in this office when the air conditioning is turned on"
stop a process or a habit by imposing a freeze on it
be very cold, below the freezing point
- "It is freezing in Kalamazoo"
change from a liquid to a solid when cold
- "Water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit"
prohibit the conversion or use of (assets)
- "Freeze the assets of this hostile government"
anesthetize by cold, as for certain surgical procedures
behave cold and formally
- "a frozen look on their faces"
- "frozen foods"
turned into ice; affected by freezing or by long and severe cold
- "children skating on a frozen brook"
- "frozen pipes"
- "the frozen North"
not convertible to cash
- "frozen assets"