- "he was well behaved in front of company"
- "he led the national liberation front"
the side that is seen or that goes first
a sphere of activity involving effort
- "they advertise on many different fronts"
- "the Japanese were active last week on the diplomatic front"
the atmospheric phenomenon created at the boundary between two different air masses
the outward appearance of a person
- "he put up a bold front"
the part of something that is nearest to the normal viewer
- "he walked to the front of the stage"
face in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to