- a decorative border of thread, cord, or the like, usually hanging loosely from a raveled edge or separate strip
- anything resembling or suggesting this
- hair combed or brushed forward over the forehead; bangs
- "There was just a fringe of grass around the wading pool."
- an outer edge; margin; periphery
- something regarded as peripheral, marginal, secondary, or extreme in relation to something else
- "Jenkin's house was on the fringe of town."
- "She felt that Marshall's politics were on the lunatic fringe of the conservative party."
- "His work was considered to be on the fringe of the art world."
one of the alternate light and dark bands produced by diffraction or interference
- diffraktionsmönster [ kemi ]
- [ kemi ]