weather cold enough to cause freezing
an interruption or temporary suspension of progress or movement: "a halt in the arms race"
- "a nuclear freeze"
fixing (of prices or wages etc) at a particular level: "a freeze on hiring"
- frysning [ fysik ]
change to ice
- "The water in the bowl froze"
stop moving or become immobilized
- "When he saw the police car he froze"
- "I could freeze to death in this office when the air conditioning is turned on"
stop a process or a habit by imposing a freeze on it
be very cold, below the freezing point
- "It is freezing in Kalamazoo"
change from a liquid to a solid when cold
- "Water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit"
prohibit the conversion or use of (assets)
- "Freeze the assets of this hostile government"
anesthetize by cold, as for certain surgical procedures
behave cold and formally