- "the forces of evil"
- "may the force be with you"
group of people willing to obey orders
- "he may accomplish by craft in the long run what he cannot do by force and violence in the short one"
- "a public force is necessary to give security to the rights of citizens"
- "he sent Caesar a force of six thousand men"
- trupp [ militärväsen ]
a powerful effect or influence: "the force of his eloquence easily persuaded them"
- styrka [ bildligt ]
the physical influence that produces a change in a physical quantity
- "force equals mass times acceleration"
physical energy or intensity:
- "He hit with all the force he could muster""
- "a government has not the vitality and forcefulness of a living man"
impose or thrust urgently, importunately, or inexorably
- "She forced her diet fads on him"
do forcibly; exert force
- "Don't force it!"