- "a fit of coughing"
- "a fit of housecleaning"
- anfall [ skämtsamt ]
the manner in which something fits
- "I admired the fit of her coat"
be the right size or shape; fit correctly or as desired
- "He fitted other pieces of paper to his cut-out"
- "fit a dress"
insert or adjust several objects or people
- "This man can't fit himself into our work environment"
- "Can you fit the toy into the box?"
conform to some shape or size
- "How does this shirt fit?"
meeting adequate standards for a purpose
- "do as you think fit"
- "fit for duty"
- "water fit to drink"
physically and mentally sound or healthy
- "keeps fit with diet and exercise"
- "felt relaxed and fit after their holiday"