- "His hearth filled with pride"
- "The theater filled up slowly"
- "The pool slowly filled with water"
- "The liquid fills the container"
- "His performance fills me with admiration."
- "I filled the bucket with water."
utse någon till (plats eller arbete)
- "He filled the vacancy"
- "the seats are filled in the theatre"
- "the job has been filled"
(usually followed by `with' or used as a combining form) generously supplied with
- "theirs was a house filled with laughter"
- "fog-filled air"
- "a large hall filled with rows of desks"
(of time) taken up
- "well-filled hours"