en släkting på nära eller långt håll
- "Don't treat him like a stranger, he's family"
a social unit living together
- "he moved his family to Virginia"
primary social group; parents and children
- "He wanted to have a good job before starting a family"
system for ranging speices
- "Carl von Linné was the first to range floral species into families and sub-classes"
people descended from a common ancestor
- "his family had lived in Masachusetts since the Mayflower"
(biology) a taxonomic group containing one or more genera
- "sharks belong to the fish family"
an association of people who share common beliefs or activities
- "the message was addressed not just to employees but to every member of the company family"