a spontaneous loss of consciousness caused by insufficient blood to the brain
- svimning [ medicin ]
barely perceptible; lacking clarity or brightness or loudness etc
- "a faint aroma"
- "a faint hissing sound"
- "faint colors"
- "the faint light of a distant candle"
- "the wan sun cast faint shadows"
- "a faint outline"
lacking strength or vigor
- "faint resistance"
- "damning with faint praise"
weak and likely to lose consciousness
- "a swooning fit"
- "was sick and faint from hunger"
- "suddenly felt faint from the pain"
indistinctly understood or felt or perceived
- "haven't the faintest idea"
- "a faint clue to the origin of the mystery"