the front of the head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear status in the eyes of others
- "he lost face"
- "I wish I had seen the look on his face when he got the news"
- "he washed his face"
- "an angry face"
the general outward appearance of something
- "the face of the city is changing"
the striking or working surface of an implement
a part of a person is used to refer to a person
- "when he returned to work he met many new faces"
- "he looked out at a roomful of faces"
a vertical surface of a building or cliff
- "dew dripped from the face of the leaf"
- "In this exercise, the gymnast should face the floor"
turn so as to face; turn the face in a certain direction
line near the edge with a different material, as of a garment
cover the front or surface of: "The building was faced with beautiful stones"