run from one point to another
- "My memory extends back to my fourth year of life"
- "The war extended over five years"
- "My land extends over the hills on the horizon"
- "The facts extend beyond a consideration of her personal assets"
come to cover or affect a larger area
- "The disease extended into the remote mountain provinces"
reach outward in space
- "The awning extends several feet over the sidewalk"
- "Extend your right arm above your head"
increase in quantity or bulk by adding a cheaper substance
- "extend the casserole with a little rice"
- dryga ut [ juridik ]
- [ juridik ]
expand the influence of
- "The law was extended to all citizens"
- "The King extended his rule to the Eastern part of the continent"
prolong the time allowed for payment of
- "extend the loan"
- ge anstånd
fully extended or stretched forth
- "refused to accept the extended hand"
- "his extended legs reached almost across the small room"
- "an extended telescope"
- "extended farm lands"
- "the extended airport runways can accommodate larger planes"
great in range or scope
- "surgeons with extended experience"
- "an extended vocabulary"