divisible by two being level or straight or regular and without variation as e.g. in shape or texture; or being in the same plane or at the same height as something else (i.e. even with)
- "the picture is even with the window"
- "the road was not very even"
- "an even floor"
- "an even application of varnish"
- "the table had an surprisingly even surface"
- "0, 2, 4 and 6 are even numbers"
equal in degree or extent or amount; or equally matched or balanced
- "an even fight"
- "had a fifty-fifty (or even) chance"
- "it was a fifty-fifty (or even) split"
- "on even terms"
- "even amounts of butter and sugar"
Two players standing at the same point (tie-break)
- "the match was going to a tie-break"
to a greater degree or extent; used with comparisons
- "looked sick and felt even worse"
to the full extent
- "loyal even unto death"
- ända Ungefär