the social force that binds you to your obligations and the courses of action demanded by that force: "we must instill a sense of duty in our children"; "every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty"- John D.Rockefeller Jr
- "Duty calls"
- "England expects every man to do his duty"
- "they signed a treaty to lower duties on trade between their countries"
- "Instead, you have to pay duty on the full value"
- tull [ ekonomi ]
- [ ekonomi ]
- "She was on duty"
- "There's a high duty on alcohol"
- skatt [ ekonomi ]
work that you are obliged to perform for moral or legal reasons: "the duties of the job"
- "The foreman explained to the new employee what his duties would be"
- "You should report for duty at 9 am on Tuesday"
- "He entered upon his duties in London in the autumn of 1804"
- "He uses to work his duties all day long"
- "Payment of customs duty and/or other taxes may be made in cash"
- avgift [ ekonomi ]