a gradual depletion
- "a drain on resources"
- "Life in the camp drained him"
- "The river drains a large section of central Illinois"
- "The mosquitoes have disappeared where marshes have been drained"
- "They drained off the water and used the land for other things"
- "The Mississippi river drains a large area"
- "In several small gulps he drained the cup"
- "The rain water drains through the gullies"
- "We drained the pond and filled it with fresh water"
- "Her life was slowly draining away"
- ebba ut [ bildligt ]
flow off gradually
- "The rain water drains into this big vat"
drain of resources
empty of liquid; drain the liquid from
- "We drained the oil tank"