a branch of knowledge
- "in what discipline is his doctorate?"
a system of rules of conduct or method of practice
- "he quickly learned the discipline of prison routine"
training to improve strength or self-control
the act of punishing
- "the offenders deserved the harsh discipline they received"
- [ juridik ]
punish in order to gain control or enforce obedience
- "The teacher disciplined the pupils rather frequently"
train by instruction and practice; esp. to teach self-control
- "Parents must discipline their children"