soiled or likely to soil with dirt or grime
- "Cinderella did the dirty work while her sisters preened themselves"
- "mining is a dirty job"
- "put his dirty feet on the clean sheet"
- "piles of dirty dishes"
- "dirty slums"
- "a child in dirty overalls"
- "dirty unswept sidewalks"
spreading pollution or contamination; especially radioactive contamination
- "a dirty bomb releases enormous amounts of long-lived radioactive fallout"
- "the air near the foundry was always dirty"
(of color) discolored by impurities; not bright and clear
- "dirty-blonde hair"
- "dirty-green walls"
- "a dirty (or dingy) white"
- "dirty is often used in combination"
(of a manuscript) defaced with changes
- "foul (or dirty) copy"
- "there's dirty weather in the offing"
- dålig [ vardagligt ]