- "a new council was installed under the direction of the king"
- "is the direction of the economy a function of government?"
a line leading to a place or point: "he looked the other direction"
the spatial relation between something and the course along which it points or moves
- "he checked the direction and velocity of the wind"
- kurs [ sjöfart ]
a general course along which something has a tendency to develop
- "they proposed a new direction for the firm"
- "his ideals determined the direction of his career"
- "I couldn't follow the direction of his thoughts"
a message describing how something is to be done
- "he gave directions faster than she could follow them"