act of improving by expanding or enlarging; refining a process in which something passes by degrees to a more advanced ; mature stage a recent event that has some relevance for the present situation a state in which things are improving; the result of developing
- "after he saw the latest development he changed his mind and became a supporter"
- "what a revolting development!"
- "recent developments in Iraq"
- "the slow development of her skill as a writer"
- "the development of his ideas took many years"
- "they funded research and development"
- "he congratulated them on their development of a plan to meet the emergency"
- "he proposed an indicator of osseous development in children"
processing a photosensitive material in order to make an image visible
- "developing and printing"
- "the development and printing of his pictures took only two hours"
- framkallning [ fotografi ]