a decorative or artistic work
- "the coach had a design on the doors"
- "I like the design on your sweatshirt"
- "The vase has a beautiful design of flowers on it"
plan att förstöra eller skada
- "A design on somebody's life"
- anslag [ polisväsende ]
- "The question is 'what created us and what is the design of the creation?"
the act of working out the form of something (as by making a sketch or outline or plan) an arrangement scheme
- "it was an excellent design for living"
- "he contributed to the design of a new instrument"
- "She has ambitious designs for his daughter"
- "They are available in many designs"
- "People know about God simply by observing the design of the created world"
a preliminary sketch indicating the plan for something
- "the design of a building"
- "The awkward design of the keyboard made operation difficult"
- "I don't like the design of this washing machine"
- konstruktion [ teknik ]
- "Pakistan is a peaceful country and does not harbour evil designs against any other country"
- "The design was to supply a constant flow of information"
- uträkning [ allmänt ]
intend or have as a purpose
- "She designed to go far in the world of business"
design something for a specific role or purpose or effect
- "This room is not designed for work"
make a design of; plan out in systematic, often graphic form
- "design a better mousetrap"