sweet edible fruit of the date palm with a single long woody seed
- "The date is the sweet fruit of various types of palm tree"
- dadel [ botanik ]
a meeting arranged in advance
- "I have a date withmy stockbroker this afternoon"
the specified day of the month a particular day specified as the time something will happen the particular year (usually according to the Gregorian calendar) that an event occurred
- "he tried to memorize all the dates for his history class"
- "the date of the election is set by law"
- "what is the date today?"
- "You shouldn't eat eggs after the best-before date"
- "What date is it today?"
- "we haven't heard from them to date"
- "they are up to date"
stamp with a date, as of a postmark assign a date to; determine the (probable) date of provide with a dateline; mark with a date
- "She wrote the letter on Monday but she dated it Saturday so as not to reveal that she procrastinated"
- "Scientists often cannot date precisely archeological or prehistorical findings"
- "The package is dated November 24"