a part (sometimes a root or leaf or bud) removed from a plant to propagate a new plant through rooting or grafting
- stickling [ trädgårdskonst ]
a piece cut off from the main part of something
the act of diluting something
- "the cutting of whiskey with water"
separate with or as if with an instrument pass through or across function as a cutting instrument allow incision or separation divide at random
- "cut a deck of cards"
- "This bread cuts easily"
- "This knife cuts well"
- "The boat cut the water"
- "Cut the rope"
fell by sawing; hew
- "The Vietnamese cut a lot of timber while they occupied Cambodia"
turn sharply; change direction abruptly
- "The car cut to the left at the intersection"
- "cut a movie scene"
- stoppa [ allmänt ]
record a performance on
- "cut a record"
shorten as if by severing the edges or ends of make an incision or separation
- "cut recording tape"
- "cut a film"
- "cut a ticket"
- "cut along the dotted line"
- "cut my hair"
discharge from a group
- "The coach cut two players from the team"
divide a deck of cards into two parts to make selection difficult
- "Wayne cut"
- kupera [ kortspel ]
- "The glass from the shattered windshield cut into her forehead"
weed out unwanted or unnecessary things
- "We had to lose weight, so we cut the sugar from our diet"
- ta bort
dissolve by breaking down the fat of
- "soap cuts grease"
- lösa upp
reduce in amount
- "she could not cut the long days"
- "This cuts into my earnings"
make a recording of: "cut the songs"
- spela in [ film ]
- kreta [ snickeri ]
form by probing, penetrating, or digging
- "cut trenches"
- "cut a hole"
hit (a ball) with a spin so that it turns in the opposite direction move, as of a fist in boxing reap or harvest
- "cut grain"
- "his opponent cut upward toward his chin"
- "cut a pingpong ball"
intentionally fail to attend: "cut class"
make an abrupt change of image or sound
- "cut from one scene to another"
- hoppa från
perform or carry out
- "cut a caper"
grow through the gums
- "The new tooth is cutting"
- ryta fram
- "She cut him dead at the meeting"
- snäsa av
- "cut the spoils"
- "cut a nice figure"
- tälja [ snickeri ]
as physically painful as if caused by a sharp instrument
- "a gray world with ice and toothed winds"
- "a stabbing pain"
- "a cutting wind"