a fit of weeping
- "had a good cry"
- gråt [ vardagligt ]
a loud utterance; often in protest or opposition
- "a cry to arms"
- "the speaker was interrupted by loud cries from the rear of the audience"
a loud utterance of emotion (especially when inarticulate) the characteristic utterance of an animal
- "animal cries filled the night"
- "a cry of rage"
proclaim or announce in public
- "He cried his merchandise in the market square"
- "before we had newspapers, a town cryer would cry the news"
shed tears because of sadness or pain bring into a particular state by crying
- "The little boy cried himself to sleep"
- "She cried bitterly when she heard the news of his death"
utter a characteristic sound
- "The cat was crying"