the act of touching physically the state or condition of touching or of being in immediate proximity: "litmus paper turns red on contact with an acid"
- "her fingers came in contact with the light switch"
close interaction: "they kept in daily contact" The establishment of communication (with).
- "the pilot made contact with the base"
- "they claimed that they had been in contact with extraterrestrial beings"
a person who is in a position to give you special assistance
- "he used his business contacts to get an introduction to the governor"
a contact lens
- kontaktlins [ optik ]
a junction where things (as two electrical conductors) touch or are in physical contact
- "they forget to solder the contacts"
- väggkontakt [ elektricitet ]