a number representing a quantity assumed to have a fixed value in a specified mathematical context; a quantity that does not vary
- "the velocity of light is a constant"
- "a constant beat"
- "maintained a constant temperature"
- "in constant pain"
continually recurring or continuing without interruption
- "constant chatter of monkeys"
- "constant repetition of the exercise"
steadfast in purpose or devotion or affection
- "constant as the northern star"
- "a constant lover"
- "a man constant in adherence to his ideals"