providing or experiencing physical well-being or relief; (`comfy' is informal as in "feeling comfy now?")
- "are you comfortable?"
- "the antihistamine made her feel more comfortable"
- "made himself comfortable in an armchair"
- "comfortable suburban houses"
- "comfortable clothes"
free from stress or conducive to mental ease; having or affording peace of mind
- "she felt comfortable with her fiance's parents"
- "she's a comfortable person to be with"
- "was comfortable in his religious beliefs"
- "the comfortable thought that nothing could go wrong"
- "was settled in a comfortable job, one for which he was well prepared"
more than adequate
- "the home team had a comfortable lead"
in fortunate circumstances financially; moderately rich
- "they were comfortable or even wealthy by some standards"