A demand of ownership made for something (eg. claim ownership, claim victory)
- "his claim of victory"
A demand of ownership for previously unowned land (eg. in the gold rush, oil rush)
- inmutning [ gruvdrift ]
an assertion that something is true or factual
- "his claim that he was innocent"
- "evidence contradicted the government's claims"
- "The merchants claimed that they did not want to accept Master Cards"
- "Rightfully/falsely/wrongly claim that..."
- "He has revenge to claim"
- "Costs you cannot claim from us"
- "He claims descent from the House of David"
- göra anspråk på
- "The army claimed the responsibility for the attack"
- "You may claim an increase in your payment"
- "A claimed growth rate of 10 per cent"
demand as being one's due or property; assert one's right or title to: "He claimed his suitcases at the airline counter"
- "Mr. Smith claims special tax exemptions because he is a foreign resident"
- "The law claimed that no one could preach without permission from the pastors"
- "He claims deduction for $2 in his 2004/05 tax return"
- "He claims that when he says "I explain it as clearly as possible" he really means "She's a fun girl to kiss""