- "Resecheckar används sällan för vardagstransaktioner av affärer"
schackterm,även bildligt. Spelaren står i schack och har förlorat, inga drag kan rädda honom
- "Wage growth in government sector being kept in check"
- "I didn't even realize the king was in check"
- i schack [ spel ]
the bill in a restaurant
- "he asked the waiter for the check"
- "I requested the waiter for the check"
- "as he called the role he put a check mark by each student's name"
- "a check on its dependability under stress"
- "war caused a check in the company's growth"
- "Policemen conduct a security check on a street"
- "The customs officers made a baggage check"
mest bildligt, hålla någon i schack
- "Despite my lack of experience I kept him in check"
- tygel [ bildligt ]
- "Travelers' checks are rarely used for everyday transactions by businesses"
a written order directing a bank to pay money
- "he paid all his bills by check"
- check [ ekonomi ]
the act of inspecting or verifying
- "the pilot ran through the check-out procedure"
- "they made a check of their equipment"
make an examination or investigation
- "Check out the engine"
- "check the brakes"
- "check the time of the class"
- "check into the rumor"
- "She checked for an instant and missed a step"
- "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"
put a check mark on or next to
- "Please check each name on the list"
- bocka av
be verified or confirmed; pass inspection
- "These stories don't check!"
consign for shipment on a vehicle, as of luggage
- "check your luggage before boarding"
stop in a chase esp. when scent is lost
- "The dog checked"
- tappa spåret
decline to initiate betting, in poker
- passa [ spel ]
hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of
- "Check the growth of communism in SE Asia"
- hålla i schack
place into check in a game of chess
- "He checked my kings"
- schacka [ spel ]
write out a check on a bank account
- utställa [ ekonomi ]
verify by consulting a source or authority
- "check your facts"
- "check the spelling of this word"
arrest the motion (of something) abruptly
- "He checked the flow of water by shutting off the main valve"
- stänga av
make cracks or chinks in
- "The heat checked the paint"