A demanding or stimulating situation
- "They reacted irrationally to the challenge of Russian power"
A formal objection to the selection of a particular person as a juror
- jäv [ allmänt ]
A call to engage in a contest or fight
- "A demand by a sentry for a password or identification"
issue a challenge to
- "Fischer challenged Spassky to a match"
- "No one was allowed to challenge him for the post of the President"
- "During my final year, Garayev challenged me to write a tar concerto"
- "You may be challenged to duel an opposing officer"
- uppfordra [ allmänt ]
raise a formal objection in a court of law
- "Others may want to challenge the validity of the patent"
- "He challenged the captain with a single word"
- anropa [ militärväsen ]