the work of caring for or attending to someone or something attention and management implying responsibility for safety
- "he is under the care of a physician"
- "no medical care was required"
- "care had aged him"
- "he handled the vase with care"
- "Details about the range of childcare offered for children"
- "Routes should be selected with care"
- "Health care workers (HCWs) infected with influenza can transmit the virus to patients in their care"
- "These patients still need a lot of care"
- "What is the standard of care?"
activity involved in maintaining something in good working order
- "he wrote the manual on car care"
- "Management and Care of an Archaeological Site"
- "The child needs special supervision and care for at least six months"
- "In captivity, with appropiate care, they can live 4 to 5 years"
- "Knowing how to take care of the aquarium makes the experience all the more enjoyable"
a cause for feeling concern
- "his major care was the illness of his wife"
- "You shouldn't go around looking as if you've got all the cares of the world on your shoulders.""
- "Up to that time she was always looked upon as completely free from care"
- "He makes a lifestyle of "Hakuna Matata", no responsibilities, no cares"
- "Hospital failed in care for child, says report"
- "He treats life as fragile, to be handled with care"
- "Great care is adviced when doing dangerous things like this"
- "Please take care on these dangerous trails"
- "Motorists are urged to drive with care"
provide care for
- "The nurse was caring for the wounded"
- ta hand om