the act of forcibly dispossessing an owner of property the act of taking of a person by force
- "The capture of Khaled Sheikh Mohammed is one of the most important victories in the war against terrorism"
- "You cannot capture ALL of your opponent's pieces"
- "In Chess,you capture the opposing piece by moving one of your pieces into his square"
- slå [ ålderdomlig ]
capture as if by hunting, snaring, or trapping
- "I caught a rabbit in the trap toady"
- "Republicans capture control of Senate"
- "A privateer could simply cruise a shipping lane and capture merchant ships as they passed"
- kapa [ polisväsende ]
bring about the capture of an elementary particle or celestial body and causing it enter a new orbit
- "The star captured a comet"
- "This nucleus has captured the slow-moving neutrons"
take after a conquest or invasion; as of land
- "In 1995 Kabul was captured by the Taliban"
Kommandosoldaterna gjorde ett misslyckat försök att tillfångata henne