a rightful concern or responsibility; used in such phrases as "it's none of your business" or "mind your own business" an immediate objective
- "gossip was the main business of the evening"
- "Attend to your own business!"
- "What she does with her life is her business"
handel;nästan alltid med plural på svenska
- "a racially integrated business concern"
- "a small mom-and-pop business"
- "he bought his brother's business"
- "He has a business of his own"
- "computers are now widely used in business"
- "he's not in my line of business"
- "I'll open a business of my own"
- "How is business at the moment?"
- "He is away on business"
- "It's the teacher's business to help his pupils"
- "I made it my business to learn English perfect"
- "Arranging a trip abroad is a time-consuming business"
business concerns collectively
- "Government and business could not agree"
- affärsvärlden [ ekonomi ]
- [ ekonomi ]
incidental activity performed by an actor for dramatic effect
- "his business with the cane was hilarious"
- "He is in computer business"