the act of burning something
- "the burning of leaves was prohibited by a town ordinance"
- "burn off calories through vigorous exercise"
- "The sun burned his face"
- "The candles were burning"
- "Maple wood burns well"
cause to burn
- flamma upp
feel strong emotion, esp. anger or passion
- "He was burning to try out his new skies"
- "She was burning with anger"
- brinna av längtan
burn at the stake
- "Witches were burned in Salem"
- bränna på bål
feel hot or painful
- "My eyes are burning"
consuming fuel; used in combination
- "coal-burning (or wood-burning) stoves"