remaining in a place or condition that has been left or departed from
- "he took off with a squeal of tires and left the other cars far behind"
- "the children left their books behind"
- "left a large family behind"
- "when he died he left much unfinished work behind"
in or into an inferior position in debt
- "in arrears with their utility bills"
- "a company that has been run behindhand for years"
- "a month behind in the rent"
- "he fell behind with his mortgage payments"
- "their business was lagging behind in the competition for customers"
- "fell behind in his studies"
- "Now he was far behind the others"
- "A fox came running with a pack of hounds behind him"
- bakom Ungefär