a plot of ground in which plants are growing
- "the gardener planted a bed of roses"
- rabatt [ botanik, trädgårdskonst ]
(geology) a stratum of rock (especially sedimentary rock)
- "they found a bed of standstone"
- "he worked in the coal beds"
- lager [ geologi ]
a depression forming the ground under a body of water
- "he searched for treasure on the ocean bed"
- [ geologi ]
a foundation of earth or rock supporting a road or railroad track
- "the track bed had washed away"
- underlag [ byggnadskonst ]
furnish with a bed
- "The inn keeper could bed all the new arrivals"
- skaffa sovplats