växelläge för backning av motorfordon
- "Om du vill köra bakåt måste du lägga i backen först."
- [ fordon ]
öppen låda för förvaring av flaskor
- "Jag köper gärna en back med lättöl om det är extrapris"
En spelare i bakersta linjen i t.ex..ishockey eller fotboll
- "Skottet räddades på mållinjen av backen"
Längst fram i fören på ett fartyg
- "Båda enheterna var belägna under backen på fartyget."
- "The shot was saved on the goal line by the back"
- back [ sport ]
- "The back of the violin rests on the left shoulder"
- "his back was nicely tanned"
- "His back was broader than the shoulders of the other men"
- "the fall broke his back"
- "He carried a child on his back"
- "he wrote the date on the back of the photograph"
- "There are three doors at the back of the house"
- baksida [ allmänt ]
the part of something that is furthest from the normal viewer: "he stood at the back of the stage"
- ryggrad [ anatomi, skelett ]
a support that you can lean against while sitting
- "the back of the dental chair was adjustable"
the position of a player on a football team who is stationed behind the line of scrimmage
be behind; support or vote for
- "I backed Kennedy in 1960"
- "He plumped for the Labor Party"
- "I can't back this plan"
- "Which horse are you backing?" "I'm betting on the new horse"
to support an artist (singer) with background music
- kompa [ musik ]
- "back the car into the parking spot"
- "The car backed up and hit the tree"
- "back into the driveway"
shift to a counterclockwise direction, of the wind
- backa [ sjöfart ]
at or to or toward or the back or rear
- "she looked rearward out the window of the car"
- "tripped when he stepped backward"
- "he moved back"
in or to or toward a past time
- "lovers of the past looking fondly backward"
- "never look back"
- "set the clocks back an hour"
- "he wrote back three days later"
in repayment or retaliation
- "we paid back everything we had borrowed"