to try to hurt or defeat someone or something using violence
- "the attack began at dawn"
- "The flutist should have a wide variety of tonguing, from no attack in soft passages..."
turning your attention to a problem or a job etc.
- "his attack on the problem was misguided"
a decisive manner of beginning a musical tone or phrase
- ansats [ musik ]
launch an attack or assault on; begin hostilities with, as in warfare take the initiative and go on the offensive: "The Serbs attacked the village at night"
- "The visting team started to attack"
- "Hitler attacked Poland on September 1, 1939 and started World War II"
attack verbally, in speech or writing
- "The editors of the left-leaning paper attacked the new House Speaker"