remove doubt, give confidence or cause to feel sure
- "I assure you. The train will arrive on time."
make certain, guarantee
- "The play's popularity has been assured by the critics' rave reviews."
state positively and with certainty and confidence
assure somebody of the truth of something
- "I assured him that traveling to Combodia was safe"
insure against something that is certain to happen
- "They assured the property for $230,000."
characterized by certainty or security
- "we can never have completely assured lives"
- "a tiny but assured income"
marked by assurance; exhibiting confidence
- "she paints with an assured hand"