a formulation adopted in tackling a problem
- "his approach to every problem is to draw up a list of pros and cons"
the event of one object coming closer to another
- "the hunter's approach scattered the geese"
- närmande [ vardagligt ]
the temporal property of becoming nearer in time
- "the approach of winter"
- [ ALLMÄNT ]
a close approximation
- "the nearest approach to genius"
a relatively short golf shot intended to put the ball onto the putting green
- "he lost the hole when his approach rolled over the green"
move towards; draw closer to
- "We were approaching our destination"
metaphorically, as in time
- "Winter is approaching"
- "approaching old age"
approach someone (very formal)