the act of bringing something to bear; using it for a particular purpose;
- "A novel application of electronics to medical diagnosis"
- "he advocated the application of statistics to the problem"
a program that gives a computer instructions that provide the user with tools to accomplish a task
- "he has tried several different word processing applications"
the work of applying something;
- "a complete bleach requires several applications"
- "the doctor prescribed a topical application of iodine"
a diligent effort
- "it is a job requiring serious application"