- "They appeared like people who had not eaten or slept for a long time"
- "This appears to be a very difficult problem"
- [ vardagligt ]
be issued or published, as of news in a paper, a book, or a movie
- "Did your latest book appear yet?" "The new Woody Allen film hasn't come out yet"
- komma ut
seem to be true, probable, or apparent
- "It appears that the weather in California is very bad"
come into being or existence, or appear on the scene:
- ""Then the computer came along and changed our lives""
- "Homo sapiens appeared millions of years ago"
- uppenbara sig
appear as a character on stage or appear in a play, etc.
- "She appeared in `Hamlet' on the London stage"
- "Gielgud appears briefly in this movie"
present oneself formally, as before a (judicial) authority
- "She appeared on several charges of theft"
- "He had to appear in court last month"
- inställa sig [ juridik ]