The speech act of replying to a question a statement (either spoken or written) that is made in reply to a question or request or criticism or accusation
- "He wrote replies to several of his critics"
- "I waited several days for his answer"
a nonverbal reaction
- "Their answer was to sue me"
- "His answer to any problem was to get drunk"
reply or respond to
- "We answered that we would accept the invitation"
- "answer the question"
- "She didn't want to answer"
respond to a signal
- "answer the telephone"
- svara i
give the correct answer or solution to
- "answer a question"
understand the meaning of
- "The question concerning the meaning of life cannot be answered"
give a defence or refutation of (a charge) or in (an argument)
- "The defendant answered to all the charges of the prosecution"
be liable or accountable
- "She must answer for her actions"
match or correspond
- "The drawing of the suspect answers to the description the victim gave"
react to a stimulus or command
- "The steering of my new car answers to the slightest touch"
- svara mot