a mixture of gases (especially oxygen) required for breathing; the stuff that the wind consists of
- luft [ fysik ]
the region above the ground
- "the hanged man danced on air"
- "her hand stopped in mid air"
medium for radio and television broadcasting
- "the president used the airwaves to take his message to the people"
- "the program was on the air from 9 til midnight"
- radiovåg [ radio ]
a distinctive but intangible quality surrounding a person or thing
- "an atmosphere of defeat pervaded the candidate's headquarters"
medium for spoken communication
- "he gave air to his objections"
- luft [ bildligt ]
nowhere to be found in a giant void
- "it vanished into thin air"
(archaic) once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe
- luft [ ålderdomlig ]
expose to warm or heated air, so as to dry
- "Air linen"
- "air the old winter clothes"
- "air out the smoke-filled rooms"
be broadcast broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television
- "We cannot air this X-rated song"
- "This show will air Saturdays at 2 P.M."
- sända [ media ]